Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Earn a High Salary Speaking English with Children - Asia

Hi to all of you at this wonderful 2009 Chinese New Year.

Just a note to let you know, I am well and living my life in the manner I have chosen and enjoying it without reservation or regret. How about you ?

I am living in Asia, specifically in Ho Chi Minh city, Viet Nam . Some have said, I am crazy, while others envy me. I arrived here in 1989 when things were at an all time low regarding the economy. Over the next nearly 20 years, I remained and watched the New Vietnam grow into a wonderful place to live and retire.

Again, some say, I am crazy and others say I am on to something but not sure. Well, nearly 20 years in-country, I have seen just about everything. Both Good, Bad, Foolish, Stupid and some I had rather not talk about, but all in all, I have survived and recieved my merit badge .

I am 60 years old, married to a wonderful Vietnamese lady of 25 and just had a baby girl named Sara.

You can see her at her video online site: http://www.vietnamstoreonline.com/SaraVideo.html

I live in a nice house, have a wonderful job and even play in the Import Export Trades in my free time. Get this, I even am able to save money, which the wife takes care of that and she has done a wonderful job of taking care of me too.

I eat well, live well, and enjoy my life more than I have ever done while living in the USA. Don't get me wrong, I love the USA but as all things change so have I and I have developed other needs as I have grown older.

I was once very rich and powerful in the Real Estate Marketing in California and made a lot of money and had a lot of friends but when I lost it, so did the friends. Well, I learned that I lived in a dream world and I wanted my safe reality, where I could find someone to stand by me and be there during the bad times too. I came to Asia and spent 2 decades bouncing back and forth and finally discovered a secret. That, I will share later on.

What have I learned, well it took me 20 years to learn the how and what, so it can not be said in just one sitting, therefore I have written this short message to share with you something that few know about.

While the economy throughout the world is in trouble and many losing their jobs, Vietnam is a place that seems not to have been over affected by the downturn of the world financial system downturn or at least not yet.

I have my own personal private company in the import-export business, which I play with part-time and marketing online as well.

But, now the secret. Many people are losing their jobs while people here are working all the hours they can possible can physically tolerate just talking with Children.

Some say it is teaching and they are given the title of teacher but most of them are just people who arrived here with other dreams and could not get it off the ground or survive and fell back on the one job in Vietnam that seems to never have enough teachers, speaking English with Children.

Therefore, the salary is higher than most and well above the salary levels most anyway would pray to have. Don't expect to come here and make 100,ooo a year but if you would like a modest income and have a lay back easy life style with great food and wonderful adventure then Vietnam could be the place for you.

Some people show up at a school with their CV and BA diploma and most of the time are hired immediately on the spot. Some with no BA degree and they get a job too but they start at the bottom of the salary range, with some clues found on this blog you will be able to enter at the top and keep your job when others are leaving theirs.

The salaries vary with the facility, so which one do you want to start at the bottom or the top ?

For example: at some English Training centers the salary is around 10 - 15 dollars an hour and up. At High Schools or Universities the salaries vary but most are much higher.

This is just because you are a English Speaking foreigner, how can it be easier than that ?

In the past, few paid taxes on this income but lately there seems to be a government effort to change that but as all things it will take time.

As for the currency, they pay both in US dollar or VN dong which can be exchanged for dollars.

There are some some details one must know about living and working in Vietnam but that is why I have set up this blog.

If I can survive nearly 20 years, severe health problems and even divorce and still be able to keep my sanity and health, then I must be doing something right.

Of course, I am me and you are you, but that is what makes Vietnam so perfect as it is a place for just about anyone to make their mark in life.

Teaching - No - Not teaching but talking with Vietnamese Children and getting paid for it is a interim method to survive, make money (even save money) and live well. What I like the most is the respect given by the Vietnamese towards teachers whether you be licensed or not. It is highly praised by this culture and however you enter the trade of Teaching, it is not considered, only that you do what you do well, speak English and do it with their children in a way that each will develop themselves as they progress.

In this posting, I will not go into the details of how to enter the Vietnam Employment market but for sure I will bring those details to all whom wish to experience the secret of Vietnam.

What I call "The Frontier of the Future".

Forget about all that you have heard or seen on TV and follow my blog and get it straight from someone who has lived here for nearly 2 decades.

The key idea, I would like to leave with you at this moment is that if by any chance you are not happy with your current job, lost your job or feel that your job is hanging by a thread and you would like to have something more reliable and earn enough, both to live and save, have fun helping children and also leave your mark in life, then by all means drop me a line and share with me your idea's about a job change and we can compare what I know and what you need and see if Vietnam is a place for you. Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can do it, if they really want to.

Future Postings will be covered are listed below:

Visa
Housing
Transportation
Training/Preparation
Support
Materials
Job Introductions
Items to have before you leave the USA
Some Secrets that I have learned along the way

You may contact me at this site or if you wish for more confidentiality email me at vietnamconsultantsltd@yahoo.com or skype: vncservice

Remember, Asia is a wonderful place to live and explore but like all new places one must prepare to insure their success and that is what I hope to share with you in future posting messages.

Keep checking back or follow me on my twitter : http://twitter.com/vncservice

All comments welcome but please keep in mind, this is a public site and all that comment should show respect as I show to all of you. I could charge for this service, but like all things in life, one must give back or the circle is broken and life becomes worthless.

No comments: